The KICA Sandcastle project is located at 1 Shipwatch Road, Kiawah Island, SC 29455.
- The project consists of a renovation to the existing Sandcastle Community Center Building, along with the construction of a new pool and bath house. The work in the existing building is limited primarily to updating the existing finishes and fixtures. The new bath house facility will be located above the base flood elevation and meets the restroom requirements resulting from the new pool and deck area. The existing outdoor bar facility is being converted to unconditioned storage space and the bar is being relocated to the porch of the existing community center building.
- Architect: Bello Garris Architects
- Owner: Kiawah Island Community Association
- Bathhouse punch list items ongoing
- Misc. punch list items being addressed throughout the campus
- Pool CMU Walls are 75%complete.
- Exterior Tabby shell Stucco on exterior of building is 75%. Ongoing at the Outdoor Bar Area
- IPE Shade Structure over Outdoor bar is 80% complete.
- Interior Paint is 80% complete
- Light fixtures are being set throughout
- Helical Pile are commencing the week of 3/19
- 2nd floor and 1st floor deck framing is underway
- Interior walls are being sanded and finished
- Double doors along South Elevation will be installed by the end of week 3/19
- Kitchen FRP Panels are being installed
- Exterior paint is at 70% completion
- Interior curtain wall steel erection
- Re-roofing scope to be complete this month
- Bathroom tile completion on 1st and 2nd floor
- Sitework clearing for the new pool
- Helical piles to be completed for the pool
- Deck framing issues to be resolved this week 3/12
- Kitchen remodel to be completed
- Curtain wall to be framed
- IPE decking replacement in select area to be completed
- Helical pipe scope complete and pool grade beams to be near compete